Thursday, September 8, 2016

Growing that Innovative Mindset and a MOOC

I am about to embark on another first.  The way I teach has changed so dramatically since my building went 1:1 several years ago.  Every year brings new experiences.

My first Twitter began a few years ago by a little push from Todd Whitaker (@ToddWhitaker). This experience has connected me to a world of innovative educators that have influenced what and how I do things in my classroom for the sake of my students.

My first blog began this summer being influenced by George Couros (@gcouros). I discovered his Tweets and blogs as a result of reading his book, The Innovator's Mindset:  Empower Learning, Unlieash Talent, and Lead a Culture of Creativity  Much influence can be found on Twitter with #Innovativemindset discussions and his blog, "Principal of Change".

Growing innovatively has led me to read quite a few books in a short amount of time.  I created this blog to help me reflect on the readings and take away the top five things that can help me grow in the classroom to maximize student potential and what I will do to get them there.  This helps me do more than just read a book and be inspired.  The blog helps me reflect and take a step forward toward my passion for growth.

I am about to embark on yet another exciting first; my first MOOC (Massive Open Online Course).  George Couros is leading this worldwide conversation of taking a leadership role in bringing more opportunities for students to develop an innovative mindset. #IMMOOC 

This six week experience will take me through his book once again and allow me to become "better together", as Couros stated.  He tells me that "better together is going to be a continuous theme here (#IMMOOC)... [where we will] need to both support and push one another".

Echoes of Innovation is meant to summarize inspiration of others.  May this experience lead me to be one that aspires to inspire.


1 comment:

  1. We seem to be fond of similar people (e.g. Todd Whitaker and George Couros and your enthusiasm for innovation and learning from others is exactly the reason I joined the #IMMOOC-connecting with people who will push and inspire me. I want to see your book list-where can I find out about the books you have recently devoured? Keep blogging so I can keep reading and see you in the IMMOOC! #bettertogether Shawn Clark Twitter: @shawnblove

    ReplyDelete